Processing instead of complete because of physical shipment
WooCommerce per default sets all WooCommerce orders to processing after a successful payment. The reason behind this is that it assumes you are selling physical goods that need to be shipped.
Complete WooCommerce orders automatically
For many people this does not fit their use case. You might require all your order to automatically complete all your orders. There are several ways to achieve this.
- Set your product to both “Downloadable” and “Virtual”. This will complete all orders related to this product.
- Use an official WooCommerce.com extension: WooCommerce Order Status Control.
- Use a code snippet (here is how to). Here are a few examples by Bryce Adams.
- Use a free plugin: WooCommerce Autocomplete Order
- If you require product orders to autocomplete of virtual, but not downloadable products only, try this.